Join The Chlorine Institute
The Chlorine Institute (CI) founded in 1924, is a not-for-profit trade association of companies that are involved in the safe production, distribution and use of chlorine, sodium and potassium hydroxides and sodium hypochlorite, and the distribution and use of hydrogen chloride. Because of chlorine's nature and its widespread and varied use, the promotion of its safe handling has long been an accepted responsibility of its producers, packagers, distributors and users. The Institute is the focal point for their combined efforts.
The Institute has approximately 200 member companies located in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, Japan, and other overseas countries.
Download this slideshow to gain more knowlege on what CI does, CI's focus and strategic plan, member involvement, and more.
Why Join CI?
Companies who join the Institute benefit from:
- Technical expertise, programs and consensus standards on procedures, practices, materials, equipment, training and emergency response for the Institute's mission chemicals
- Involvement in developing and advancing chlorine emergency response planning, training programs and field equipment kits
- The Institute's liaison work with government agencies to provide technical information and emphasize the need for sound science and credible technology in the development of federal regulations on safety, health, environmental protection, and security
- Annual Safety and Environmental Awards Recognition Program
- Timely reports on regulatory developments relevant to your operations
- Compliance assistance resources for federal government regulations
- Industry statistics on chlorine/caustic production and shipment
- Safety and environmental data and best practices
- Networking opportunities at CI meetings
- Member discounts on the Institute's technical manuals and training programs
- Alerts on when CI pamphlets have been updated and a new version has been released
- Online company listing and access to searchable directory of CI member companies
- Leadership development opportunities for employees serving on CI Issue Teams and Board of Directors
- Media relations assistance and communication resources on the key industry issues, such as defending the safe and secure transportation of chlorine
- Assistance developing plant security vulnerability assessment tools and security plans
- Sponsorship opportunities at all CI meetings
- If interested in Annual and Fall meeting sponsorships, please contact us at info@CL2.com
Any company engaged in the production, packaging, distribution or use of chlorine, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, sodium hypochlorite; the distribution and use of hydrogen chloride; or any company interested in the development and improvement of the chlor-alkali industry is eligible for membership. The four categories of membership are:
- North American Producer Membership is open to companies that produce chlorine, caustic soda or caustic potash in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Institute members account for majority of U. S. production of chlorine and related alkali chemicals. The North American Producer members support the Institute with annual dues and assessments based on annual production.
- Packager/Bleach Producer Membership is open to any firm or corporation located in North America and engaged in the packaging of chlorine and/or the production of sodium hypochlorite. In addition, Packager and Bleach Producer members support the Institute with annual dues and assessments.
- Overseas Producer Membership is open to companies located outside the United States, Canada, and Mexico that produce chlorine, caustic soda or caustic potash.
- Associate Membership is open to all other companies with an interest in the chlor-alkali industry, including makers of equipment for producing, handling, shipping, and dispensing chlorine; salt suppliers; chlorine consumers; water and wastewater treatment facilities; pool chlorinators; and designers and builders of chlorine plants.
To download and view the membership brochure, please click HERE.
If you are interested in membership and would like to obtain an application and other pertinent membership materials please contact 703-894-4124 or download the application HERE.
For more information on membership, please contact us at info@CL2.com.